31 December 2008

2008

I've been trying to find photos to sum up the year. But it really can't be done. The year held too much. We've felt hopeful and broken, there's been extreme hardship and extreme joy. These pictures don't show all that, they just remind me of the good: that I love Andrew more now than I did a year ago, and that these kids, with all the work they bring, are a source of incredible joy, and joy is always welcome. Here's how we started, and then finished, the year! I have managed to actually have at least one shot of me with each kid this year! These 2 have become great friends this year... ...then this little one joined them... ...and they decided it was okay for him to be around. Hey Nick, can you do this? good friends... The three kids tonight, on New Year's Eve I love this man.

3 comments:

LWB said...

I know, it just seems silly to try and capture a whole year in a few pics or sentences. I'm so glad that 1/2 of my year was spent in your company - and thankful that it was at least that much as we weren't sure we'd have that much time with you at all. Miss you, friend! Love all the pics of the kids! Little N is getting SO big already and the ones of D and L are just too sweet for words. Wish we could be hanging out and ringing in the new year together - toasting to the possibilities in the one to come. xoxo

Jennifer said...

Beautiful - just beautiful. I love you sister. Great pictures. The kids are changing so fast!

Anna said...

Happy New Year to you all. We miss you, and love following you on here! Lovely photos and stories! You are such an awesome family!