12 May 2010

Win Win

I needed time in the house by myself - to get some long-awaited projects done. Leftover stuff from moving in, stuff I haven't gotten around to, and which was hanging over my head, making me feel guilty for relaxing. So Andrew was taking the kids to Bruny overnight. Turned into 2 nights, returning on Mother's Day afternoon. The result of which meant I would be getting my own Mother's Day breakfast. (ooh, tough break).

But separate to that (sort of), apparently Andrew had a bet going with his office manager, Annette (I knew nothing of it). They must have gotten to chatting about what the weekend held, and she wondered whether I would be a bit lonely, waking up on Mother's Day by myself. Maybe just a trace of sadness/emptiness/loneliness??? For her to win the bet, she would have to ask me how it was, and I would have to mention one of the above 3 words. So she lost, and Andrew is being taken out to lunch tomorrow.  ;)

Oh my kids, what would I do without them?? I would be lost. Don't be mistaken, I would sleep in, make meals when only I felt hungry, have a house that stayed tidy, and shower every day. But it would be empty without them and I would be lonely. Just not as quickly as 48 hours. :)

The kids didn't miss me. Why would they when they were busy doing this with Dad?!
They thought it was pretty funny to have mother's day breakfast without me anyway!

No, this won't be a Mother's Day tradition for me. But it was fabulous.

4 comments:

Jill said...

Isaac took one look at the picture and said THATS ME!!! Sorry bubba!

Good for you for having a not-lonely-sad-empty weekend! Enjoy your lunch out Andrew!

Jennifer said...

48 hours? Yeah right. I would drool over getting 48 hours!! And no - I wouldnt miss them either. Love them to PIECES and cant live without them - but not for 48 hours.

:) happy late mothers day!

LWB said...

Hahahah. This is awesome. I bet Andrew gloated and gloated. So glad you had the time away. I need a weekend like this - the leftover stuff that never gets done does make you crazy!! And this picture is PRECIOUS! What are those shoes D is wearing? He looks so hip. And Nick's face is angelic; all grown up. Cheeky Laura as usual. xoxox

CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU IN AUGUST!!!!!

Pam and Steve said...

Poor Annette! She thot she had him.
Glad you got a lot done and had some me time. Love the pic! They are so proud of themselves!
Mom