21 October 2009

Like it?

One of my sisters made up this catch phrase (not sure which one cause both their kids say it), and I love it: "You get what you get and you don't throw a fit." Truly a well-thought out statement that could only come from calm, rational parenting. :)

Well, I made up my own calm and rational catch phrase today: "Whiney voices don't get choices!" I have high hopes for its effectiveness... LOL...

5 comments:

Jill said...

I think that I can take credit for that quote... I am not sure though!!!

LOVE the quote, I am definately going to use that one!

The Quinones Family said...

We just learned that one from preschool! "You get what you get and you don't have a fit!" I like yours...I might have to use that one too! :)

Anna said...

My nephew says that, too and Grace picked it up! I like your new quote too. Very catchy.

Gjovigs said...

Elijah has been saying "you get what you get and you don't throw a fit" for over a year.. maybe he got it from you guys. That phrase drives me crazy for some reason.. but I like your other phrase... whiney voices don't get choices! I'll be using that quite a lot. BTW-I still use vinager.. thanks to you Sarah.... and it still has it's effectiveness!

SB said...

okay sorry jill but it sounds like you weren't the originator of the 'you get what you get' line... but the vinegar thing came through them from my cousin. the things we do.... :)