01 December 2013

Another Goodbye

It's not been that long since saying goodbye to my Grandpa. But sadly, and also with some relief for her sake, Grandma didn't have much more time than he did. I am glad that she didn't have to live in her room for years not knowing or remembering anyone. But I am full of sadness for my parents - for my mom losing both her parents this year. Because I think it's living without people that's truly hard. Grandma, today I had a cream-filled cupcake and thought of you. I think you made them too, way back when. I know I should have probably had a chocolate chip cookie, but there was this cupcake sitting there calling my name, so I made a coffee and said Happy Birthday to you, for what would have been 94 years. Thank you for everything your life has been, you did it so WELL.
 

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Dang, those are good pictures. Can I have them?

MIss her so much...

andibell said...

This is so beautiful Sarah, just like you!