12 December 2013

Too many goodbyes

I can hardly bear to post this. My grandpa died yesterday. All of my grandparents were alive in July, and now 3 of them have died and it's a bit much. There's some sadness settled in me right now. I want to say how glad I am that he didn't suffer from his disease any longer. I want to say its all okay. But I'm just sad. So goodbye to my card-playing, cigar-smoking, fun-loving, laughing-loud, always-feisty, wine-drinking, truly-loyal, and patient-to-the-end grandfather. Back in the day we would play cards till 3am, only going to bed cause Andrew and I were exhausted. I'll never play pinochle again without thinking of Grandma and Grandpa. It was a fun relationship we had with them both. I'm so sorry Grandma that you feel so lost without him, and I'm sorry Dad that you've lost your fun-loving Dad.
Yeah, I'll miss that smile, that's very you. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear of your loss Sarah. Amazing that you have had all grandparents around for so long, but I guess it's just all the more memories and years to miss now.
Deb Tonkin

Anonymous said...

I can hardly stand to look at your post. DAD

Jennifer said...

Me neither, Dad. Hurts.