13 November 2013

A big year

This has been a big year for us, for a lot of reasons. Most of all because this little girl has changed our life. As would any child really. With fostering it's just been a whole different ballgame though. Actually some days it doesn't feel any different. But then in that moment of feeling like it's no different, I am aware that it IS different. She does have a birth mum and dad, and it's not us. They are her family AND we are her family.

So while she has grown up this year in our family, I have grown too. And I have this feeling that there is so much more to come, so many more things to learn. We have been so privileged to have this year with her. We hope very much that she will always be in our family.

Happy birthday sweet cheeky girl. We love your squishy face, your clapping, your unrestrained love for your stuffed animals, your ever-increasing will, and your affection. I am grateful for everything you have brought to our lives this past year.

A few moments after we first met her

A few weeks later

Seriously cute stuff at 7 months old

And now a whole year old...

You aren't going to say don't touch, are you?

Oh that was a lot of chocolate in one hit

I really don't want to be on this couch taking a 1-year old photo

Happy 1st birthday, we all love you like crazy girl. 

2 comments:

Lisa said...

She indeed is a special & precious little gift to kick off your journey into the world of fostering. This girl has serious cuteness all rolled up into those cheeks. Thanks for sharing those pics - I just loved the first one, where Daniel & Laura are looking on with cautious curiosity. Oh how those kids' first hesitant feelings must seem such a distant memory. Lisa x

andibell said...

Welcome to the family cheeky girl!