Okay Mom and Dad. Here's your sweet revenge, I guess. Or whatever this is called.
Daniel was telling me some cool fact about football, some major comeback a team had in the Grand Final one year.
Me: "What year was that?"
Daniel: "Oh, 19something."
Oh that's right. I used to think that 1949 and 1951 were an unfathomable number of years ago (sorry mom and dad). So "19something" is plenty specific enough for someone born in 2004. Of course. OSM. Thanks Daniel.
Daniel was telling me some cool fact about football, some major comeback a team had in the Grand Final one year.
Me: "What year was that?"
Daniel: "Oh, 19something."
Oh that's right. I used to think that 1949 and 1951 were an unfathomable number of years ago (sorry mom and dad). So "19something" is plenty specific enough for someone born in 2004. Of course. OSM. Thanks Daniel.
2 comments:
I guess that is a new phrase I could adopt that would indicate just how OLD I was:
"How old are you?"
"Well, I was born in 19-something..."
"Oh...."
(dude, she is old!)
Ouch! I do know the feeling tho. 1918 & 1919 seemed the same! 19something... I guess we will be hearing that more & more as this generation grows up.
Post a Comment