Life, memories, trips... lately I only seem to be blogging for a birthday. Hard to prioritise blogging over being with people, or doing the stuff related to taking care of these people. But I do love keeping the memories here, even if it's sporadic.
06 March 2009
A crazy beautiful day
Congratulations Shaz and Stu on a crazy beautiful day. My sister-in-law, Sharon, got married last Saturday, and in typical fashion, nothing was traditional. Well, the 2 bridesmaids (of which I was one) WERE wearing the same dress and shoes and hairstyle, but that's about it cause we came down the aisle on scooters (yes, really), the best man absailed from the ceiling, and they had a digital screen as the backdrop which had animated stick figures of a bride and groom who mimicked much of what was happening. Hilarious. And then at the reception Stu played Deal or No Deal for things to take on his honeymoon, and they had a 'Great Debate' about whether the Bride or Groom was the better catch. Serious fun.
Sharon just ready and not knowing what to do?!!!
Being the good bridesmaid that I am...
Fun hair
Crazy silly matching girls!
Seriously beautiful.
Gee they scrub up well!
Getting stuck in contruction on the way to the wedding. Sharon's plans to NOT BE LATE were sufficiently thwarted.
Excited brothers waiting for their sister to get out of the car
Here she is
You'd think the 3 of you guys could get this thing going...?!! (this was one of the scooters we rode into the ceremony!)
Married and enjoying the reception
I haven't yet gotten photos from other people of the ceremony, but stay tuned...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That is AWESOME! I will look up more pics on FB. You look amazing; love the dress. What a fun event - scooters! That sounds like the way to do it, none of that traditional, stuffy stuff. :)
xoxo
ok...I was digging the scooter thing, but picturing Razrs. You meant REAL scooters! What an awesome bride (who looks just like her brother) and groom!!!
Absolutely Awesome! What a way to make it your own. Sharon was absolutely stunning - all grown up and beautiful. Wish I could have been there.
Sounds like a blast! Sharon looks absolutely beautiful, Congradulations! I, too, wish we could have been there!
Post a Comment