01 July 2010

Does it ever go away??!!

I imagine it will never go away, this feeling of 'who said I could have kids and be responsible for them - 3 of them!', or 'will I seriously always be their mother like my mother was my mother??' (yes, that makes sense, if you think about it!)

I know the answers to those questions. Sometimes it just still blows my mind. Especially when I see pictures like this.
Proud, caring older brother who takes seriously the 'job' of looking after his brother and sister, is learning to read and asks questions like 'what does compassion mean?' Smiley sister who just loves being 4, is all girl and can still wrestle and make up stories about dragons and bad guys. Younger brother who is old enough for whatever it is, and will do exactly what the others are doing, including sitting in a normal chair at the table, drinking out of a normal cup, etc, etc, thank you very much. You'd think he had an independently-minded older sister as an example or something...

2 comments:

Pam and Steve said...

You know, that feeling never goes away. "You mean we have 10 grandkids, where did this come from?" The incredulousness of it never goes away. Love you, DAD.

Jennifer said...

Love independent kids - rather that than weak-willed. They will make the world a better place! and your kids sure will. Love you!!!