Life, memories, trips... lately I only seem to be blogging for a birthday. Hard to prioritise blogging over being with people, or doing the stuff related to taking care of these people. But I do love keeping the memories here, even if it's sporadic.
30 July 2009
The party
I did a birthday party for Daniel this year. I mean a real kid-based one, complete with school friends, games and a green-icing Dinosaur cake (which was so fun to make, just anticipating Daniel's excitement when he saw it). I was intimidated by the thought of a party - I don't mind just a store-bought cake and a bit of family around for presents and a special dinner. But it was birthday #5, so it only seemed appropriate to indulge him... So the invitations read: "You ROAR invited to Daniel's Dinosaur Party". Get it - you ROAR invited?!!! I thought it was funny... The party was great. Games: Make your own dinosaur party hat, Dinosaur fossil dig, and Pin the tail on the T-Rex. Kids: grand total of 16 in the house at once. A bit of mayhem, but whatever, it was worth it all when I kissed a sleeping Daniel goodnight at midnight when I went to bed, and he woke up and with big eyes told me he loved it, and then promptly went straight back to sleep. That felt like the biggest hug.
Didn't get a lot of great pics, but here's a few:
I'm 5!
Daniel and Laura digging
Kids eating tacos
Nick eating sand before the party - must have tasted good, he just chewed and chewed, and I was just happy he was entertained, cause I was too busy!
On his actual birthday we did have just family around. Laura got him some toy dragons (the one thing he asked for), and he was thrilled! This cake was store-bought, but yummy! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
WOW!!! Good for you sister! That is quite the undertaking but always worth it. Love the creative ideas - did you plan that under a fever stupor? :)
Well done Sarah! it looks like an awesome party.
I am so impressed! That cake is amazing- can you please come back to the States so you can make something appropriate (Princess) for E's b-day? You are such a good mom! Loved the last pic - is that Nick, your 3rd? I thought he had disappeared or gone to another place to live b/c I haven't seen pics of him in so long! Ha Ha. :)
Post a Comment