Daniel's always wanted help with his bike - getting it out and onto the path. Until yesterday. He wanted to ride it a few doors down (we're in a community-like courtyard), so after his helmet was on, he was off without looking back. Surprise - that's never happened. Then today we walked to a park and he really wanted to ride his bike. He said he could do it the whole way. I was doubtful - it's almost a 15 minute walk each way. But he did it both ways without one complaint of being tired or wanting to stop. So I was wrong. Cool. Simple things make me proud.
2 comments:
Aaaah - the proof that they grow up right before our very eyes! James rode his friend's battery controlled 4-wheel drive Barbie toy this weekend. Back in October he was terrified of a similar one another friend has. How quickly they change. Like you, I am proud of the simple fact that over time, my son was able to conquer a fear of his all on his own! I would LOVE the chance to get re-acquainted with Daniel, he sounds like an amazing little boy!
The other cute thing about this photo is that Daniel and Ellie wanted to ride next to each other, so he rode home "next to her". He really did a great job. He was so confident!
Post a Comment