Daniel was helping with Laundry. There was a lot of it, so it deserves a capital letter.
Daniel: "Folding all those socks was so hard!"
Mum: "It wasn't hard, c'mon. It took awhile but it's totally something you can do."
Daniel: "But that's what my wife will do for me one day."
--at which point my 'Dad' eyes come out, and by 'Dad' eyes, I mean MY Dad, not Andrew, and Daniel backs down slightly, because apparently when I do those eyes, he can see the 'cracks' in my eyes and it freaks him out.
Daniel: "...well hopefully..."
Mum: "ummm, yeah, well that's why you need to know how to do it... so you can be helpful like Dad." (that's the best I could come up with in the moment!)
Daniel: "Folding all those socks was so hard!"
Mum: "It wasn't hard, c'mon. It took awhile but it's totally something you can do."
Daniel: "But that's what my wife will do for me one day."
--at which point my 'Dad' eyes come out, and by 'Dad' eyes, I mean MY Dad, not Andrew, and Daniel backs down slightly, because apparently when I do those eyes, he can see the 'cracks' in my eyes and it freaks him out.
Daniel: "...well hopefully..."
Mum: "ummm, yeah, well that's why you need to know how to do it... so you can be helpful like Dad." (that's the best I could come up with in the moment!)
So I think he'll be helping me with Laundry more often.

3 comments:
Love it! DAD
Me, too! let's see, what other things can he help his future wife with???
Mom
Oh goodness I laughed so hard at the 'Dad eyes'!!! I bet he backed down! I agree with Mom, maybe there's more things he can learn how to help his wife with! ;)
Post a Comment