18 February 2014

Another February...

January seems to go by too fast. So I like to think of February as the beginning of the year. That way the year isn't racing by so fast right? Right. :)
Anyway because school here starts in Feb, it's perfectly sensible to me!

Looking back on a Dec/Jan blur of travel and family fun and sad goodbyes. It's not all sad, I got to see some family I haven't seen in years. But shame grandpa isn't in this photo, dang it.

My one living Grandma, managing to amuse me 
with a smile, despite her dislike for the camera.
 Sweet but oh-so-feisty!!!

Traditional airport snap

Last time Nick fell asleep first on the long flight, 
this time Daniel succumbed, haha!

Animal-loving girl

Slippery summer fun

We celebrated 15 years since we've looked like this, 

...while Aunty Sharon (with Oma and Papa) looked after the kids. 
Did they get sick and vomit while we were away? 
Yep, one did. Shame about that. 
I did offer what I could by throwing up too. :(

Laura finally getting to have her horse riding lessons! 
Love the I'm-taking-this-so-very-seriously pose.

Lately it's this I see. 

With brief moments of this.

I don't feeling like going back to rotate this photo, but as we went through 
old school papers from last year, I found this in Nick's weekly journal. Ha!!!

A fun trip to Melb to hang with friends while our husbands had a boys weekend... Kath and I braved the zoo with 9 kids (must get those photos from you Kath), and then I hung out with Lisa while kids played and we went on long walks (well, one long walk) and tried to minimise iPad time. Sheesh, kids these days!! hehe ;)

Some must-have childhood shots... 
and proof that she is a toddler, not a baby anymore.

And so we begin school again, now with 3 kids at school every day, 
and one little girl home with me every day. 
What a different sort of year I will have! 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pics Sarah! Love them! DAD

Lisa said...

What a great Summer/Winter you Spikes have had. So full of fun, laughter and a couple of spews. Tell the kids to stop growing, so us grown ups can stop ageing! (By the way, when do we stop growing and start ageing?) Looking forward to dropping in next weekend and working through those big life questions, Lisa x :)

Jennifer said...

Love Love Love you all.

The oldest one.

Jennifer said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Pam and Steve said...

Great to see you busy life down there! Chloe has grown a lot in one month (& 1/2)! Take some pics of the back rock wall & carport, okay?
Mom

Jill said...

Love the craziness of the ending "summer-time" for you all! C sure has grown in a short amount of time! Look at those curls! <3
Miss all of you!