26 October 2013

Disturbing, but totally understandable, I think... :)

This girl has brothers.
So while in other circumstances I might have been bothered by this conversation, I guess I was actually amused at the things a little girl learns when she has brothers:

"Mum, you know what a hammer looks like?"
"Yeah."
"Well it only has one side that you use. But a pick axe has 2 sharp sides, so when you are in a battle, and you've just gotten someone in front of you, and you hear someone creeping up behind you, you can just (motions the movement of using a pickaxe)... get them!"
"Oh, okay. Geez! [sigh]"

Coming from this girl, who spends her time doing the splits and definitely not researching pickaxes, it was very hard to keep a straight face while she educated me!

In other news, she's lost a tooth (I pulled it out actually!)
and was completely obsessed with figuring out if the tooth fairy was real, and is now absorbed in the book TF left for her, "Clementine Rose". Hmmm, I wonder if Clementine Rose taught her about pickaxes...

3 comments:

Pam and Steve said...

Yes. Somewhat disturbing. You girls didn't have brothers...so things like that didn't come up in conversations! Yeah, Laura, another tooth out! Who cares if the TF is real or not...just keep loosing teeth & getting stuff!
Gramma

Jennifer said...

yeah, I have heard Amanda play with her toys and they kill each other or fight or whatever - Erica NEVER did that. Ah well. Prepares them for the world of boys that was TOTALLY weird for me... :)

Jill said...

What a different world it is when you have girls and boys! That is about all I hear around here! :)
another hole in her head? The tooth fairy is going to be poor with all the teeth that girl has lost! LOVES!!!