23 May 2013

Growing up

 Andrew and Daniel did a very father-son thing and ran in a 2.7K fun run last weekend. 
Kids grow up so fast!

Meanwhile C was so tired as we were trying to 
get out the door to meet them at the finish line. 
I laid her down on the floor and she promptly fell asleep.

*it's been over 6 months that we've had this beautiful little girl. I wish I could put sufficient words to the complicated set of emotions and thoughts that have been a daily part of my life since she arrived. The feeling of starting to become her mum without knowing yet whether she will stay with us... the privilege of being able to look after someone's child who cannot do so themselves... It's the beginning of a very interesting journey for us all.

2 comments:

Pam and Steve said...

Congratulations Daniel..and Andrew!! How fun to do it together!
Gramma

Jennifer said...

So.much.cuteness...

Good onya mates!