It's pretty ironic that I am enjoying living in a smaller space while watching more space being added onto the house outside. Perhaps I'm only loving it because I know it's only for a little while? Maybe, but I do think I could do it. It's certainly easier to manage. We did joke about stopping work after the concrete slab went down, and then just riding bikes outside on it. Fun, right?!!
So it is really fun watching it get built - in the last 2 days we've been watching rooms take shape with the framing. It's been COLD, and the builders had some mornings where they built a little campfire and burnt some off-cuts (to which I said, no no, please use the stacked wood, i want the offcuts for making things with the kids!!).
So it is really fun watching it get built - in the last 2 days we've been watching rooms take shape with the framing. It's been COLD, and the builders had some mornings where they built a little campfire and burnt some off-cuts (to which I said, no no, please use the stacked wood, i want the offcuts for making things with the kids!!).
Early days
7am concrete truck #1 starts!
7.45am concrete poured.
Framing!

2 comments:
Wow. Wow. Wow!!! Can't wait to (someday) see it!!! Love you guys!
I glad you thought about a place to put the bikes and stuff in the basement!! Mancave here you come with lots of liquid sunshine!!!!! DAD
Post a Comment