In an attempt to occupy our kids while we played a game together, one of my friends set up some 'rotations'. 4 activities, with a timer set to rotate through. Simple stuff. Kids loved it. We loved it! I still love it - it's the best after school activity - and I snuck in 'fold laundry' and they didn't even complain! Yay! And so because I think Daniel is pretty visual (he is a boy, right?!!), I printed out an oh-so-complicated circle with dividing lines, and stuck on... wait for it... Post-it Notes!! Rocket science, I know. The ride home from school has lately sounded like this: "Can we please do rotations, please?!" Good ideas, even simple ones... worth their weight in gold.
5 comments:
What a GREAT idea! Simple, yet fun! Hmmmmm... I think that that might be something to do in my house! Thanks!
What a fabulous idea! You two are brilliant!
Very similar to our homeschooling concept - and yes, even the mundane (laundry) becomes more interesting when put in order like that. Love the circle idea!
Oh I love it, that is going in my folder of ideas for "when they are older"!
I like your new sidebar too, guns .. haha, made me laugh :)
You are brilliant! Hope you are doing well! I love "catching up" on your blog every now and then! Glad to see things are good. Your kiddos are so cute and I love the stories you post! I think my favorite of all time is when Daniel said something about kangaroos lifting up cars...I laugh every time I think of it!
Post a Comment