Life, memories, trips... lately I only seem to be blogging for a birthday. Hard to prioritise blogging over being with people, or doing the stuff related to taking care of these people. But I do love keeping the memories here, even if it's sporadic.
08 August 2009
What?!!!
You what? You wrote that on your own?!!!
Translation if you need it: "No people allowed, hahahahahaha"
Daniel said there was something on his door, and explained that it wouldn't be there when his friends came over this evening (I suspect he thought ahead and decided I would think it was rude if that was on his door, so the explanation was for his own protection!). Okay, I went to have a look. Shock! He's suddenly begun to sound out words independently and write them! I know he knew the different sounds for letters, and he has written a few little things, but this was definitely a step above that. He's right on par with a lot of his peers at preschool, but I just think it's one of the most amazing thing watching and helping a child (my own this time!) learn to read and write. Seriously cool.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
these little people learn things so quickly and it is just amazing to watch and be a part of it all. Both my older 2 have made notes like this and taped them to their doors - made in a fit of irritation at a younger sibling - but have never to my knowledge been enforced. So marvelous!
I agree with Daniel.."people" doesn't even really need the "o" and is just confusing for both reading and writing purposes! Come to think of it, the final "e" is just extra, too...Really, who says, "PeeOpuleee"?
:)
good work, Daniel!
Post a Comment