23 February 2017

The year that was not blogged. Much. Ha!

I'm not ready to admit that this blogging thing is dying. 
So 2016... A snapshot of the year that saw us add a child to our family, see another kid graduate to double digits, one finish up primary school, and a mother who flew across the world when I called and said, "please come help!"
Gotta love family.

Looking a bit like twins, but don't tell Laura that, she strongly disagrees!

oh he always does this!

growing kids 

tiny beauties in my house, picked by little hands

my very fav flowers

7th in a row annual 4 day weekend hanging with this bunch.

November: 6 months old already!

Sweet Baby Lily. 
New niece born the day after Chloe's birthday.

And then my mom came. 
I texted her one day and asked her to come.
To say she was shocked is understating it.
But she came! And she helped me through those 
end-of-year-pre-christmas weeks that normally stretch me, 
but this year they were starting to get the better of me. 
Thank you mom for joining in the chaos and doing life together with us.
We don't do it day to day, but we do intense bouts of life together. 
It's one of those blessings in disguise about living at such distance.

The very first year she hasn't been entirely terrified of Santa!

Josh the elf, however, was not impressed.
I suspect he saw through the costume.

A selfie with 8 faces clearly in!! 
9 if you count Aussie the bear...

Saying goodbye just always stinks.
But she came, and I am thankful.

The biggest family Christmas at Bruny Island ever for us. 
Every room and nearly every bed full. 
Fortunate to share life and family with so many.

My crew.

2017

Laura got a solo trip to Sydney to visit 
Uncle Luke and Aunty Eugenie and cousin Lily.
I suspect she got spoiled a bit.

And then school started again.
Dan was the first, starting grade 7. 
New school, very new uniform, slightly new haircut.

And then there were 4 going to school.

And Mr T stays home and smiles with me. 
Or screams. That's his new trick he's learned since being 9 months old.
I could do without it but he seems to be pretty attached to the scream.

When I start to feel overwhelmed, I go to a place of thankfulness. 
Really, what do I not have to be thankful for. 
My life is rich, and even if I do have 
a LOT of other people's undies to fold, 
I am glad to have them.

Long may the blogging continue.
Maybe... ;)

No comments: