This last week is easily summed up with one word.
Time.
My grandfather lived nearly 95 years - that's a lot of Time.
I'm about to go on my second ocean-crossing flight to return home - that's a lot of Time sitting in a seat in the air.
I've been without any children of my own for the last week. Time!!
Time to be with my parents, my nieces and nephews and my sisters.
Time to sit with and care for my grandmother a little bit, who still has precious Time left on this earth to be loved.
Time to myself, which has meant so much to me.
So although it was a sad occasion that made for all this Time, I am grateful to have had it, and grateful to all the people who generously gave their Time to help look after the kids in my absence (and more so than they actually bargained for, since Andrew broke his finger and ended up in hospital just to get some Time off!! ;)
Thank you Andrew for so willingly sacrificing your Time so that I could do what I have always really wanted to do.
Skyping with everyone back home
Photos and flowers at the funeral.
Nephews that I love.
Nieces and nephews that I love.
Me, Grandma, Mom.
Forever and a day is a long Time.
A wooden heart made by Grandpa for Grandma.
Photos and flowers at the funeral.
Nephews that I love.
Nieces and nephews that I love.
Me, Grandma, Mom.
3 comments:
oh man, that last picture totally made me lose it. I have never seen a more beautiful picture of the three of you...
Love you Sarah.
Thank you Sarah-I love you...
Mom
It was so wonderful to get to see you. That was very sweet of you to cross the pond. You are wonderful!
Post a Comment