16 October 2012

Home

So, we moved into the extension and said goodbye to the builders, reluctantly, as it's nice to have people around with drills and saws and nails, and generally all the stuff close at hand (and the know-how to use the stuff!) that you could ever need to fix or make just about anything... I mean, I like to do things myself, and Handy Andy is always at my beck and call of course... But seriously, we can't do much of the real stuff, so having a couple builders around is pretty handy. People think I should have been sick of them, sick of making coffees, sick of the interruptions, etc. Not really. Have a leaky tap? Fixed. Have a ding in the wall? Painters to the rescue. What's to get sick of?!!

I guess I haven't posted much about the house... I don't like admitting how much of my energy it has required over the past months. Maybe not blogging about it made me feel like it didn't take up so much... It kind of did though. 

This is the kitchen. And I do like it a lot. 
But truthfully it does look a bit like someone else's house.

Ok, that's better. Now that's my house. :)

The builders hadn't quite left... the site dog had made himself at home and wasn't happy being told it wasn't his place anymore!

The mixer shelf... 
I admit, I teased my sister about devoting an entire cupboard to a mixer. 
For goodness sake, an entire cupboard!
Umm, I copied her and I love it. Baking made easy.

What to bake first? Cream filled cupcakes of course. 
I haven't been able to bake in my own house in months! 

The builders having a coffee on their last day. 
Is it weird if I think I might miss them? 

2 comments:

Jill said...

Beautiful Kitchen Sister!!! And I LOVE the "there that looks like my house"! :) Awesome!

Anonymous said...

Looks nice but, "...handy Andy..."??? Love ya, DAD