07 May 2011

I will...

One day I will blog again, really I will.
For now, it's just not happening.
Putting it on my to-do list hasn't seemed to help!
There's stuff to share:
- like the addition to our family - no, don't get freaked out, it's only a bird!
- and the fact that I climbed the Sydney Harbour Bridge with my parents when they were here. Loved seeing my mother do that pretty fearlessly, at least to the casual observer. :)
- and the kids making paper fans and sitting at the end of the driveway to give away to any friendly passers-by (some of whom said no - what's with that?!)
- Daniel loving learning to play tennis
- friends visiting
- Laura roping Bec into playing tiara-clad princesses. Mind you, I didn't see Bec put up much resistance...
-  Bruny bruny bruny
- ...and a kangaroo in our backyard on Friday. Yes really. Okay, probably a wallaby, but it was as tall as Laura and I actually rubbed my eyes because I thought I was seeing things and it couldn't possibly be a real kangaroo. And I know I'm not helping the 'do you see kangaroos all the time' image of Australia, but I had to take a picture. And seriously, think about it, would I take a picture if I saw it all the time? My neighbour actually didn't even believe me and said it was just because I was American. I had to show her the picture to prove it!
-------------
--------------
Well fancy that, it looks as if I've just blogged. And when I started I really just intended to post the first 4 lines. Ahhh, now to make a cup of tea. Oh, I mean, I'm off to do all those other things that keep me from blogging. :)

5 comments:

Pam and Steve said...

Yeah, Sarah! I knew you could get it done! Love all the pictures, especially the kids! Laura & Nick together is so sweet:) I believe the kangaroo-wallaby. What fun!

Mom (yes, I was afraid on the bridge, but not at the top!!)

Pam and Steve said...

PS--Bella looks soo much like Lucy!
Makes me want to get another bird.
Mom

Anonymous said...

When I was a kid we all wore Wallabys. They were great kick ball shoes. They were like a high top with simple stitching around the top of the toe and they were leather. Then came the student teacher who had been to Australia and told our class that the shoes were called Wallabys because they were made from Wallabys. Within a week, no one wore them anymore!

Jill said...

Horray for the update from the Sypkes Clan! It is so good to see pictures of the kids, and you and Andrew and everyone! Yep, I believe that you saw a kangaroo/wallaby!

Miss you!

LilPrecious said...

How I wish I had known you and your parents were going to be in Sydney!!!!!