17 February 2011

School!!

Daniel started Grade 1 yesterday. He's so happy with his new classroom and new male teacher. He said to me, "I don't know why I was worried mum, I knew everyone! Next time I won't have to worry about it."


One very excited girl virtually ran from the car to her classroom, saying, "I can't wait mum, I can't wait, this is my first time!" Two full school days this year in Kinder (the preschool year in the U.S.). I swear she grew up overnight in preparation. She just looked so much bigger this morning.

I grabbed a quick shot of her when i picked her up in the afternoon. 
Just as happy at the end of the day as when I dropped her off!

3 comments:

Pam and Steve said...

So great when kids love to go to school! They do look older! Can't wait to see everyone!
Mom (Grandma)

Jennifer said...

Tears. They are growing up so fast. That smile on her face is YOU! You are raising confident, self-assured children... they are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

What a special time! Thanks for sharing it with us!