04 February 2009

Random

It's so lovely to watch sleeping kids, particularly when these 2 quiet times [pictured below] started with, "I'm definitely not going to sleep, mom." (a sleep is actually rare now, but I love the way he just can't help himself sometimes). This is how I found Laura one night at midnight. She hadn't wanted her jammies on, so I guess she was trying to prove the point that she could indeed sleep in her dress. All power to you girl. She must really love him if she shares her dollies with him. And the best part was her sitting there chatting away to all of them... For our 10th anniversary we had 3 nights away (thank you Oma!). we brought Nick, but then the place we stayed -surprisingly- offered to watch him during dinner! So we enjoyed 3 dinners **in a row** without kids. Luxury. The first night was our actual anniversary - pictured is dessert. Yum. I reckon Nicholas is the happiest of all our kids as babies. He's so ticklish, waits for people to look at him, and loves cuddles. Gotta love that. Parents are probably the only ones who can love this type of picture of their kids... but I really do love it.

8 comments:

Landry said...

We love that (any, actually) picture of Miss Laura, too!! Happy 10th Anniversary, Sypkes'-we miss you all terribly!!!

Jennifer said...

great post sister -wonderful pictures!

LWB said...

You are definitely sounding more Australian with some of your phrases and word choices - I miss hearing it! Cute pics - I will have to try bathing Audrey like how you had Nick (can I call him Nick now?). Can't wait tos see you guys sooooon!

xoxo

The Quinones Family said...

I love that photo of Laura chatting with her dolls! It looks like Nicholas is one of the dolls! :) So cute!

A Googler said...

I can't wait to meet Nicholas sometime soon ... he looks like lots of fun ;-) So happy and smiley!

Jill said...

Oh, I so can't wait to meet Nick!!! What awesome pictures! BTW, I think that any picts of your kids are great! Loves!

Anna said...

My girls do the same things with the dolls and Esther! It can get very crowded in her bouncy chair with all the dolls and stuffed animals they're sure she'll enjoy!

Gjovigs said...

great picts of all the kids!!! I love those pictures.. inspired me to do more! So cute.. the quite time and Laura talking to her dolls. I look forward to the day I can capture those moments with Kiana. Happy 10th anniversary!!!