25 February 2008

Rudie

How can I continue blogging now, without at least mentioning what our last two weeks have been about? How does one just keep doing the normal stuff when someone so close has died? I don't know, but somehow it just slowly starts happening, so here I go...

We rushed back to Australia 2 weeks ago because Andrew's dad took a rapid turn for the worse in his health. Sadly, we did not make it back before he died, and we have spent the last two weeks missing him badly. I'm sorry to those of you who I haven't written to let you know, we have been in a bit of a bubble, naturally I guess.

So here's to my wonderful father-in-law, whom I loved. He treated me well, (I always knew his 'ring-in' comments were purely affectionate!!), and loved his grandkids sweetly. I will deeply miss him and the way he always greeted me - "Hiya girl!" I am so grateful that he did not suffer in hospital for weeks and weeks, but so sad that we will never have him back.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

How my heart aches for you my sister and brother - What beautiful pictures and memories. I am sorry he is gone so soon. My tears flow for you...

Jenn

A Googler said...

My wonderful Dutch grandad used to say "hiya girl" to both my Mum and me ... reading that in your post made me suddenly hear my grandad saying it in his dutch accent. Wonderful photos and wonderful memories.

Gjovigs said...

My tears are flowing as we speak. Meanwhile laughter is in our background as Elijah makes Kiana laugh & they laugh at eachother. So life goes I guess. I grieve with you even though I barely knew Andrew's Dad. My heart aches for you (as you know with the conversations we had the week you left to go home). I love the memories you have!! The Santa hat is classic! You know that you are in our prayers. We love you and miss you!!!
Bonnie

Anonymous said...

Sometimes life is so unfair it takes those who so deserve to stay just that while longer. We send our love to you, Andrew and the family. He was a great man,funny and loving. I know you will always remember the good times and he will never be forgotten. We miss you and you have been in my thoughts regularly the last 2 weeks.
Love,
Penny, Mick, Sienna and Max. xoxo

LWB said...

I love the personal stories and memories - I know they are priceless to you now. We are still sad and hurting with you, but look forward to seeing you very soon.

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Best to all of you during this time. What sweet moments you guys all had together.

Lots of love from the Northwest,
Shelby

The Quinones Family said...

Oh, I have just been praying for you all...I hope you got my email. I also hope your time with family during this difficult time was blessed with loving memories and time together. Our thoughts continue to be with you as you get back into Stanford life, we miss you. :)
Cindy