18 October 2007

MARATHON BLOGGING: not for the faint at heart (and mostly for the grandparents!)

It's been over 3 weeks since I've posted anything. So here goes. And I mean it when I say marathon. This is not for the casual readers who just want a couple photos. :) I had to post something about our final week with Andrew and Lisa in early Sept, our trip to Australia (late Sept), and this last month of life back here at home. (...actually, no, it's just the trips. Life back here at home can wait. It's 1.02am here, and I'm going to bed.) Here's the photos.

Vegas/Grand Canyon Fiasco!!
------------------------------------

When I told Daniel the next day that Lisa and I rode on the rollercoaster, he was so impressed, "you rode on that rollercoaster while I was sleeping last night, whoa!"

------------------------------------------

What do you do in Vegas with kids?
Go to the pool!

----------------------------------

We think Laura and Summer really did like each other, as Summer would start kicking and flapping when Laura walked in the room. We hope it wasn't cause she was scared... :)

----------------------------------
Obligatory Canyon family shot.

----------------------------Woke at 5.30 (by myself!) to see this. Couldn't pass up the chance to see a Canyon sunrise, even with a couple dozen tourists around me all enjoying it too...

-----------------------------

While the adults were gazing at the canyon, the kids were more fascinated by this hole in the wall!!

--------------------------------------------------

We all have our own ways of coping with 6 hours in a car with 8 people...

----------------------------

While I frantically unpacked from the Vegas/Canyon trip, did laundry and repacked to head to Australia, Daniel declared that he was ready to go. A couple undies, a couple tops, (a cute girl in tow)... what more does a boy need?

-------------------------------We said goodbye to the Harris' right before our own flight. After they left, Daniel happened to fall down, and cried, "I want Ella!" When I said that they had gone on their own plane, he said, "But I want to keep her because she's my friend and I love her!" Ah, they really did have fun together...

------------------------------------Some stranger guy in the airport happened to take this excellent shot, which I think is my FAV PHOTO of the whole holiday. We love you Harry's!!

------------------------------------

AUSTRALIA
--------
We got some nice end-of-winter weather, so we flew kites and had a picnic. Oma is a great photographer, I love this one!

--------------------------------------Oma and Daniel

------------------------------

What you do at Bruny Island:
chop wood, walk on the beach, read, go for a row...

------------------------------
I can do girls' hair, right?! :)

----------------------------
...even Auntie Sharon joined in the fun!

---------------------------------
Daniel's new past-time is hide and seek, and of course Laura loves to do anything Daniel does... She has even begun to cover her eyes when she is 'counting'!!

------------------------------------
3 cheers for the Bruny Island jackets...and cute shot of the sister and her brothers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Girl,

It's the girl from down under and the blog is great. Love the photo's and can u do girls hair hmmmmmmmmmm ?????
Love,
Me